8/30/18

Nursery Singing Time

In Nursery we do mostly action songs, but I also like to stick in some simple songs that teach them the gospel.  Then at the end I do a song that gets them reverent for the prayer.

Here are the action songs we do in nursery:
Rain is Falling
Popcorn Popping
I'm so glad when Daddy comes home (don't do this one if it isn't true for some children)
Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes
Oh how we love to stand
If you’re happy
If you chance to meet a frown
In the Leafy Treetops
Wise & Foolish Man
Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam
Fun to do
Once there was a snowman
Hinges

Here are the gospel teaching songs we do in nursery:
I kneel to Pray
The Chapel Doors
I Love to See the Temple
Father, I Will Reverent Be
My Heavenly Father Loves Me
You will need to make actions for these songs to keep the nursery children engaged.  
We also sing these with the stop sign, tennis balls, alligator, and mouse (see the post "singing a song over and over is fun").

Here are songs we sing to get reverent at the end:
I Wiggle
My Hands upon my head
Roll your hands
Book of Mormon Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment