8/30/18

Other Great Stuff!


Helpful links:

lds.org's section for primary music leaders has ideas for how to plan your singing time, how to teach music, music in nursery, and other great resources.

Teaching, No Greater CallAge Characteristics of Children

Teaching, No Greater CallTeaching Children in Mixed Age-Groups



Some Stuff I do:

After we sing the birthday song, the birthday kid blows out the "magic candle." I have a light-sensing candle that I got for $2 at Christmas time, and I hold my finger over the light sensor while we're singing the song so the light bulb is on. Then at the end of the song, they blow it and I move my finger so the light goes out.  They think it's so cool.  Even the Senior boys want to blow it out.

Here is what my monthly schedule looks like in case you wonder:
     1st Sunday of the month: Introduce new song (teach the tune & first verse)  
     2nd Sunday: other verses
     3rd Sunday: sing it over and over (see post about singing a song over and over).
     4th Sunday: review this month's song and all songs from previous months.

     5th Sunday [I get the whole sharing time]: super fun review (see post about reviewing/mastering a song for the program) or a song that’s not in the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment